Food Heaven: Five Guys


-- Prepare to be sold by the American cult favourite 
that is Five Guys, thank me later --

For a couple of years now, I've wondered what Five Guys was, an apparently lusted after burger joint that does food the proper 'American way'. There's one in Convent Garden, and there's always a queue snaking round the block. Now that there's one that's opened up near me, Wimbledon to be precise, I was excited and after a week of lusting over Google images of cheese slathered burgers, I finally had the chance to go! Today in fact. (I was so excited about it that I needed to write a post asap.)


The interior is very basic rustic American Diner style, and the walls were covered with the trademark red and white with reviews and news clippings of how good Five Guys is. A good way to sell yourself to customers venturing into the American burger universe. The wall by the entrance was piled with potato sacks to promote how fresh the fries were and they even stated where that day's batch came from on the wall. (See if you can spot it)


The Five Guys order system is like a posher Mcdonald's as you order and wait for your meal. But you get a receipt with your order number on, and when they put all the food into a brown bag, they call out the order number. I loved the drinks system as it's exactly like Nandos, but you get a carboard cup and you go to the machines and choose whatever drink you want. It was perfect to be honest.


The staff make it in front of you as you wait, and it was interesting to see how it all came together. I found the layout of the restaurant was very exciting and the seats by the wall were very cosy. But enough of my rambling, let's get down to what we were all waiting for: THE FOOD!


Just look at all those juicy calories. I got the cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato and grilled onions with little salted fries, while my friends got basically the same, except one had the little cheeseburger. Don't be fooled, it's only got one pattie compared to the standard two. The cheeseburger was sensational, I've never had anything like it and quite honestly puts my local takeaway to shame. You get perfect melted cheese, beautiful succulent patties and fresh and juicy tomato with lettuce, the grilled onions were pretty good as well. 

Compared to the other photos of the Five Guys burgers on Google, mine with it's full pile of freshness looked practically like an advert for them. The fries still had the skin on, so that made they even more crispier and none were soggy. (Just a heads up, they're cooked in peanut oil, so it's a 'healthier' option) Though, right now as I type this, I feel very thirsty due to the amount of salt they put on. I guess that's a standard. Also, that is the smallest portion you can get as they fill the cup then chuck more into the paper bag, I'd hate to see what regular is like.

If you're salivating right now looking at these pictures, I'm sorry, but you should totally go to one! I'm personally planning another visit in the future, as the food is too good for one visit in a lifetime, and if you want junk food, then junk food you will get. My meal came to about £13, so you can guess why it's a posher McDonald's. So consider your visit as a treat, or a reward for all your hard work in life.

Have I convinced you? Let me know. :)

10 Comentarios

  1. THERE'S A FIVE GUYS IN WIMBLEDON?! WAIT WHAT!!!!

    I'm literally never queuing in Covent Garden again. I LOVE Five Guys. I still stand by my statement that they are the dirtiest burgers in London. So much love.

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg it was so messy to eat haha, and yeah it opened on the 2nd of this month :)

      Delete
  2. Five Guys is one of those places (despite being a Londoner) I only recently realised existed. It came out of nowhere and I was kind of confused at what they did. The food looks so tasty, dammit you made me hungry! *runs off to get a snack*

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha i'm sorry and yeah, they've only recently started expanding :)

      Delete
  3. I need to try this place xx

    http://www.adayinmywheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so epic, do go when you can :)

      Delete
  4. This is the second review of this place I've read today. It makes me SO hungry!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually craving it today, but the sad thing is that I'm super broke :(

      Delete
  5. I've read so many good reviews about this place! Love the diner vibes and 'juicy calories' may be the best thing I've heard today!!

    Laura x FloraLoo Two

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :'D got to love those calories x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*