The Alibi Book Club #10 | Two Festive Reads


-- Perfect for the wanderlust and the sweet toothed --

There's nothing better in the run up to Christmas than reading some festive books. I've chosen my two favourites that make me feel all warm and toasty in the evening - and took me no time at all to finish. These are two light-hearted and joyful reads, so nothing that's hard going and long. Whether you want to live in New York for a bit in I Heart Christmas or visit a small friendly village in Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop there's always joy and cheer. Just what we need at this time of year to be honest.

The first one on offer is Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop which is set in a village where I would love to retire to when I'm old. I loved this one so much, even though it's not normally a book I would go for but the whole festive vibe was too good to resist. Plus I really love the sound of old fashioned sweet shops.

"Curl up with Rosie, her friends and her family as they prepare for a very special Christmas ...Rosie Hopkins is looking forward to Christmas in the little Derbyshire village of Lipton, buried under a thick blanket of snow. Her sweetshop is festooned with striped candy canes, large tempting piles of Turkish Delight, crinkling selection boxes and happy, sticky children. She's going to be spending it with her boyfriend, Stephen, and her family, flying in from Australia. She can't wait. But when a tragedy strikes at the heart of their little community, all of Rosie's plans for the future seem to be blown apart. Can she build a life in Lipton? And is what's best for the sweetshop also what's best for Rosie?"

The second one I Heart Christmas is one hilarious read and perfect for bringing your spirits up. I sound like I'm writing an advert now.. mehh... But Lindsey Kelk's narrative really reminds me of Sophie Kinsella's so I was right in there to be honest! And it's set in New York and filled with fashion and all the festive bits. What's not to love really?

"Angela's planning her very own fairytale of New York... Angela's planning her very own fairytale of New York...* Enormous Christmas tree * Eggnog * Eccentric British traditions * Gorgeous man But Santa's throwing her a few curveballs - new job (as if it's not mental enough already), new baby-craze from her best friend Jenny, and Alex determined they should grow up and settle down. Once friends start turning up uninvited on her doorstep (and leading her astray), can Angela really have a merry little Christmas? So much for happy holidays - something's got to give..."

I really can't wait to get stuck into these again, and I 100% recommend them both to you, my lovely readers! :)

Are you guys planning to read any festive novels this month?

0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*