A Fresh Room Makeover





-- A step closer to ultimate goals --

When I was younger I used to watch 60 Minute Makeover and dream about how I would come home to the room of my dreams. I feel like after decorating my room this week and adding some extra homely pieces, I've finally got so much closer to how I wanted my room to look all those years ago. It's all about being clean from here on out with white walls and minimal style. Is my room looking Pinterest worthy yet?

First off, let's talk about the duvet. It's the coolest thing I've ever seen and it's from Primark! For £9 I've managed to give my room a fresh update and bring some colour in. I also got these cute metallic pillows for £3 each which help tie it all in, and there's also a snuggly lilac throw at the end. Even though me and my bed were always best pals, I want to stay in it forever now.

The white walls manage to show off my favourite prints, art and little personal bits like my Marina and the Diamonds ticket. I wanted this to be one of the main features and I'm really happy that the postcards I got from the Saatchi Gallery really stand out. Of course I have to have my Marina vinyl framed on my wall, but below that my shelf is looking better than ever!

I bought a fake plant from Ikea this week for £3 which adds some greenery without any threat of succulent death. There's my select few of my favourite books and magazines like Tanya Bakes, Company, cereal and frankie. Of course a shelf wouldn't be complete without a framed quote about daydreaming (£3 from Primark) and a LED light pineapple that's £10 from Primark.

I'm loving my room all over again and I'm so glad I painted over my red wall as it has given me a new wave of inspiration. Stay tuned for future interior updates as the year goes on...

Have I inspired you to give your room/flat/house a makeover?

17 Comentarios

  1. Ooh you're getting there! I love the colour scheme going on, and I love those stringed lights with photos. I would do that but I don't think I have room, haha.

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// lifestyle & beauty
    Follow me via BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love that little pineapple light! And ikea fake plants are the best - I literally have them in every single room in our house haha!
    xo April | April Everyday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen a fake plant look so good and I agree! some did look a bit cheap but this kind I'm in love with :D

      Delete
  3. Your room looks so pretty oh my gosh - love the bedding!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get to down to primark asap! And thank you xx

      Delete
  4. Omg I am like obsessed with your room it's like goals!!! I love that doughnut bed spread!! Xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! It's a shame the rest of my room doesn't look as good as that corner but I'm going to be working towards making my whole room amazing haha

      Delete
  5. thank you so much lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10/7/16

    Your room looks so gorgeous, I need to visit Ikea and Primark for some of these bits. I love the pineapple!x

    https://57-days.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/the-dolls-house-book-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and you actually need to!! :D

      Delete
  7. So cute I love it! I also used to keep moving things about in my room trying to make it feel perfect and since getting my own flat I have been way too obsessed with homeware!

    lots of love, Jane
    www.marbleandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! And also since I've been earning money, I've been forever looking on Pinterest and buying interior magazines to get ideas :D

      Delete
  8. That idea of putting photos up like that is so lovely! I may have to borrow it :P I'm currently doing a room tidy and even though it takes forever, it's SO nice when it's done! Bookshelf sorting is the best :)

    <a href="www.bumble-and-be.com”>Bumble & Be</a>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*