My Favourite Christmas Movies


Grab your snacks and snuggle up

It's time to dig out your lost and forgotten Christmas movies. Yes, you can watch Elf 20,000 times again and not get sick of it! Why not buy a box of Roses from the local supermarket, turn down the lighting and the fairy lights on, and munch your way through whilst crying at The Snowman? If you haven't read my blog so far this month, then let me tell you, I LOVE DECEMBER. And especially everything to do with Christmas. Last year, I bought three of my favourite ever films, and am slowly growing my collection. SO, I thought it was time to list them all here and give the deets on why they're so good. (Please note: one that I will list forgot to appear in this photo, but it's still an amazing movie!)

001: The Grinch: I first watched this on Christmas Eve way back in the primary school days just before I headed out to church. And since then, it's been one of my firm favourites. I love the people of Whoville and all the characters are so loveable, it really feels like a Christmas treat to watch it. I usually save this tale of the Grinch trying to ruin Christmas till the actual week of it. And omg his dog melts my heart. (And can we also mention how some of his lines actually speak to my introverted heart haha)

002: The Polar Express: To be honest, I only got it because Tom Hanks was in it. Though it is actually a really cosy movie to watch. The journey to the North Pole is just as exciting as when you get there! The main character is kind of annoying, but the whole idea of getting a train to the North Pole is magical and the scene with the hot chocolate makes me crave for that sweet drink...

003: The Muppet's Christmas Carol: This is legit my childhood. Before I got the dvd, I had it on a really old video tape. It's sooo hilarious and I've watched it every year with my mum without fail haha. It's not hard to gather that it's just the Christmas Carol tale but with a Muppet's twist. All I can say is that no other adaption can come close to being as perfect as this one. It just warms my 8 year old heart.

004: Elf: I watched this for the first time two years ago when I got into blogging, and everyone mentioned this as their favourite. Will Ferrel is amazing as Buddy and I can't help quoting his character in my head from time to time... *trips over fairy lights* 'AHHH SON OF A NUTCRACKER!' If you don't know the story line then I'm shocked... (I only typed that because it's too long to explain and I'm lazy oops)

005: Nativity!: The most recent discovery out of all of these... This one is pure British through and through. PLUS Martin Freeman is in it aaaaahhh. This one literally takes me back to the days in primary when I did the Nativity and the scenes when the children get told off make me laugh out loud, because it's just how a teacher at my school would do it. Anyways, Martin's character gets a teacher assistant, and they have to do the nativity, but a lie about Hollywood coming to film it emerges, and then it turns into a disaster. Not keen? That's because I'm rubbish at explaining plot lines but YOU NEED TO WATCH IT!

Comment below your favourite Christmas films!

Follow

8 Comentarios

  1. I love the Nativity films! I think that the second one is my favourite though as it has David Tennant in it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I need to watch that, it's going straight on my list haha x

      Delete
  2. I am so glad The Polar Express is in this! It's my number one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the grinch + feel like the only person ever that has not watched elf !(yet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry! You still have time! If it took me that long to watch it, then it's never too late for you haha x

      Delete
  4. How could I forget about nativity omg thats my fave - and elf of course!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally watched the second Nativity film the other day with David Tennant and omg have you seen that one??

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*