Why December Is The Best Month Of The Year


Chestnuts roasting on an open firrreee

Hoooraayyy it is FINALLY December! *dances around the room like a lunatic* Even though I'm a Spring baby and I love Summer for its weather and bright insta pics, there's just something about Winter and December that tickles my excitment. I think if Christmas didn't exist I'd be one miserable lump in these cold dark days. Even though I've been playing festive music since the beginning of November and have had my decorations up since the 25th, there's still a lot to look forward to in the last month of the year.

I'm also trying to do Vlogmas this year, it'll only be on my days off, but I really wanted to join in with everyone! So, I'll put in the first video at the end of this post, and do go over to my channel and subscribe to see more of what I get up to! This one is about hot chocolates, movies and Lush! (And I know I've filmed on the 30th, but I wanted to start uploading from the 1st haha) But, without further ado, here's a list of reasons why this month is so great!

001: First and foremost, you can finally gorge on advent calendar chocolate! It's the only time of the year when it's acceptable to eat chocolate before you start the day. Also, it's the time where you will accept cheap chocolate of any kind because it's in the form of a calendar. Though nothing beats Cadbury! That's if you don't go for beauty calendars...

002: Even though I've already done mine. (Expect a room tour post soon...) You can decorate your flat/room/house with everything festive. Tacky tinsel, fake trees and baubles galore. I get so into decorating my tree it's unreal - plus you can play Wizzard while you do it.

003: With December upon us, that means it's Vlogmas time! All our favourites are uploading EVERY DAY and I love it! Also, we can try our hands on it as well. But what's better than a video every day from the likes of Zoe and Tanya Burr? Nothing.

004: The tacky jumpers are allowed to come out, and it's a perfect excuse for you to buy a new one. Just because it's 2016, and it's been a year since you got the last jumper. Primark do the best and they manage to improve them every year, so get down to your one and stock up on penguins, sausage dogs and santas!

005: Guys, bring out your extensive dvd collection because it's time to put on a Christmas movie. All the classics are acceptable: Elf, Muppets, The Grinch, etc. And ignore those who ask you why you're putting on Nativity! for the 10th time. It's the only time of the year you can do it...

006: Only in December will we find ourselves paying extortionate amounts for a hot chocolate and German sausage. But, when it's at Winter Wonderland it's totally fine! What's not to love though? A big ferris wheel, rides, churros, an ice rink and even a cute market. Ahhh it's just amazing.

007: Don't have enough Christmas in your life? Jazz it up by buying a few festive reads. I recently bought Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market to give my books an update and I can't wait to get stuck in. You will feel all cosy inside. You only have four weeks to do this, so jump right in!

008: Every shop brings out their festive themed products at this time of year, and in December you can absolutely milk them and go crazy. Christmas Lush baths (almost) every day and burning the 'Christmas Eve' Yankee Candle 24/7? Yes please!

Vlogmas Day One:


What do you guys love about December?

Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. Couldn't agree more to this post! x

    Regina | Paper Hobbit's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this post makes me feel all festive and happy! I think I'd be miserable if christmas wasn't a thing as well, all the festivities make up for the gloomy and cold weather!
    rosario // rosarioverse xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I could live with would be the nice frosty mornings haha x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*