Why It's Important To Feel Great About Yourself


It's time to slay the world

I've never been one for feeling good about myself and being all body positive and that. I wasn't even going to write this post (or type it because this blog is on a laptop lmao) but after watching Hannah Witton's video last night about body positivity, it got me thinking...

I'm USELESS at accepting how I look. Forget all the 'you only have one body in your life so embrace it' stuff. For every thing I love about myself, I manage to find another two to hate. Sooo to combat that, here's three pics of me posing in front of a happy cloud wall in Brighton.

Social media is great at giving us unrealistic expectations but in reality there's so many different body types and they should ALL be celebrated!


 Makeup makes me feel good, so I need to work that mindset about the rest of me. In the past year I've lost some weight. Though that doesn't look like it, but I've gone from a size 10/12 down to an 8. Of course being a 10/12 is still a healthy size! I think the main trick is to just eat healthy and think healthy - with the occasional treat. ie. weekly Starbucks aaaayyy.

I may hate my podgy stomach that seems to be flat but then goes out which is really weird but also annoying (and on super rare days is legit flat - like what??), but on the other side of the coin I love my curves, legs and arms. Not to be cliche, but we're all unique and beautiful in our own way. Mentally thinking we're the best version of ourselves brings happy mental health in terms of accepting our bodies!

Tumblr is the BEST place for all that! You'll find everyone posting pics of themselves and saying 'hey this is me! and don't worry because I'm just like you and I love my body so you should too!' And that actually makes me feel relieved and better. Like thank you Steph for saying not having a flat stomach is ok, and in fact most people are like me. And now I can plan a body confident outfit for tomorrow.


Sooo yes to those shorts that nip in at the waist and show off curves and hides my podge. And yes to everything Lazy Oaf that I feel happy and good in. And yes yes yes to my size and the fact that I'm obsessed with graze snacks and eating sushi.

From here on out, I'm going to try and see things I love about myself every day until I feel invincible. And you guys can do that too. Until we're AAAALL confident slaying queens on the beach, in shops and anywhere!

What do you guys love about yourselves?

Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. Amen to this (also you look lovely!). These photos are so nice! x

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! And thank you! My friend is a photographer wizard when it comes to taking pics of me! :P xx

      Delete
  2. YES! Loved this post, and also Hannah's video. Being body positive sometimes is super hard but it's worth the effort. We only have one body at the end of the day so why not treat it with love instead of hate! xx

    www.natalieleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thank you! And yes that's so true! x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*