Why It's Better To Have A Small Makeup Collection


Sticking to your faves

I've been an avid beauty lover since I first was immersed into the world of applying products to your face in 2014. Since then, there's been many a successful trips to Boots and disappointing experiences. From this, I've managed to discover holy grails and products that I swear by - and not want to go out and spend £70 on more products hitting the counters.

My view on beauty has changed in the past year. I can now go out with just a layer of concealer on AND, my friends, I've curved my spending on impulsive beauty buying. I now only buy things I actually need ie. mascara and concealer and the odd treat like an eyeshadow. That's why you haven't seen many beauty posts on my part.

Don't get me wrong I am STILL obsessed with all things beauty, but sometimes it's really worth sticking to what you love and what works - and indulging in something new now and then. The last palette I bought was the Modern Renaissance palette last month and the time before that was way back in the new year with the Too Faced Sweet Peach. Of course in between those times I've accumulated a bit of highlighter and the odd Barry M Matte Me Up - but apart from that, nothing else has been added.

The way I see it guys, is that it's great to be minimal in your collection, otherwise you'll never get round to using EVERYTHING! Of course, it's exciting when you're getting into makeup and becoming passionate about it and want to buy the whole of Boots. There's nothing wrong if you want to do that, but I find it overwhelming now. And sadly my heart's not in it for throwing money away. I want to save for things like that cute pom pom jumper in Zara...

What I'm trying to say in this whole rambly post is that having a couple of every type of makeup product is all you can need. (Or rather all I need) It's less stressful trying to decide what to use, easy to manage and above all, all you have is your ultimate favourites and nothing that you wouldn't actually use but you needed because everyone has it.

My tips to myself and you guys when buying beauty is thinking: do I have something basically the same, can I see myself using it or would I use more than half of these colours in this?? With this mindset, I can still enjoy new beauty products, but not feel guilty for spending £20 on something I have but the only difference is, it has pretty packaging.

Ok, but let's make highlighters the exception...

Do you guys have a small or extensive makeup collection?

Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. I used to have a huge make up collection but I've since downsized it as there was so many products I wasn't using and they were going to waste.

    Heather xox || http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I did recently and what inspired me for this post! It's so refreshing to just have your favourites to use x

      Delete
  2. I would say I have a medium makeup collection, I don't think its anything too ridiculous but the BF might say differently! For this year so far I've really been enjoying using up what I have before I get anything else! xxx

    www.natalieleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly me! Mine's not mega tiny but I've managed to stall it growing by using what I have haha

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*