The Current Favourites That I'm Obsessed With


A kind of monthly favourites

If you guys haven't noticed, I've kind of given up on trying to keep up with monthly favourites, so this time I just wanted to collect together a few things that I've been loving recently - and not specifically in October. It's been quite hard to whittle down a wide array of bits I can't stop using or listening to, BUT I think I managed it!

I find these kind of posts (count how many times I say 'kind' in this post and win free pumpkin spice latte) very chilled to put together, and this one is accompanied by the Harry Potter theme song playing. A perfect Friday afternoon to me!

Sooooo, without any more rambling, here's what I've been obsessed with this current season...

001: Makeup Revolution Soph x palette: I did a WHOLE review on this palette here and it was glowing with praise. And apart from the odd time, there's not been a day when I've not used this. It's by no means competition for Too Faced, but it's defo up there with the best drugstore palettes I've ever used. There's so many pretty shades for Autumn! (Or all year round if you're just obsessed with these colours like me!) You've got pigmented shimmer shades, perfect transition shades and the best mirror. This was the best impulse purchase this season by far.

002: Essie fall 2016 nail paints: Now I've mentioned 2016 as this was from last year's fall collection, but they're honestly so perfect for a quick session of turning your nails into the colours of autumn leaves. Essie nail paints as a whole are amazing in quality, they're thick enough to cover the nail with a gloss but not too thick to be gloopy. To put it simply, you only need one layer, then a top coat and you're ready to slay.

003: NYX Liquid Suede in Alien: Recently, I've been obsessed with channeling a pastel goth queen look. Paired with Lazy Oaf outfits, bright eyeshadows and this black liquid lipstick. I've been loving life. Sure, I've got strange looks in the street but I love the colour so much to not care. Plus everyone says I suit it so much that I've been wearing it almost every day. Here's to channeling The Family Jewels era Marina Diamandis aaayyy.

004: Lush Gorilla Perfume in I'm Home: Lush recently brought out another volume of perfumes, and there was one I particuarly fell head over heels in love with. It's I'm Home, and it's basically Autumn/Winter/hygge in a perfume bottle. Without going into too much detail, I'll leave the perfect description from the website here - and you can judge for yourself:

"A world of adventures is left outside the door, the perfume of home beckons. As I step over the threshold, a blanket of vanilla absolute wraps me up in a warm embrace, leaving a sweet scent. A pot of gently spiced hot chocolate bubbles on the stove, cocoa absolute drawing out memories of all the things I love. I sink into folds of the familiar arm chair, well-read books resting against walls. The warming scent of benzoin resinoid gently strokes across my skin. The creak of the stairs say she's coming to greet you. As the windows protect me from the rain, and the air crackles with a warming fragrance, I know, I'm home."

005: Wolf Alice / Visions of a Life: LASTLY, I want to talk about the best album to be released since Marina's FROOT and The 1975's ILIWYSFYASBYSUOI (it's too long to type out) and it's Wolf Alice's Visions of A Life! I've travelled back to the realm of rock music and I would say this latest record sits between alternative and pure rock. It's just perfection with 'Yuk Foo' being a nod to heavy metal rock while 'Space & Time' and 'Planet Hunter' are alternative rock. I think if you love the likes of Paramore, then you much just love Ellie's vocals and the band's whole vibes. A VERY GOOD RECORD I CAN'T EVEN THAT I HAVE TO TYPE THIS IN CAPS!!

What have you guys loved recently?

Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. I ordered the Soph x palette to and I can't wait to receive it!! Such a beautiful palette! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I think you'll love it xx

      Delete
  2. I have been loving the Soph X palette too, the colours are just amazing! :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t normally buy random youtuber product collabs apart from my favourites like Gabbie (velvetgh0st) but I knew I needed this in my life! Xx

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*