A Few Reasons Why Solo Trips Are Fun


Yay for self care time

While all my friends have been away at uni and become super busy, I fell into a hole of feeling lonely and I hated staying at home on my own. Especially when there's only so much Netflix to watch and blogging bits to do.

So when I felt like going out, I did AND on my own!

And I've been out on my own for quite a few times now. Sometimes it's local towns and other times it's Central London. I'm yet to bite the bullet and go further though... It's soooo easy to go to Brighton that I'm tempted for a solo trip there.

(But then that'll ruin the tradition me and my friend hold dearly)

I thought after a recent solo trip - in which where the above photo was taken - I would list aaaall the reasons why these are fun. So let's get into it woo!

001: You can think about stuff: If there's some things you need to run through your mind but don't want to stay at home and do it, a solo trip out can be an option. Have fun out and during a coffee or lunch break - especially if you want to try a new hangout but have no one to go with - take your time to have your drink and food and confront your thoughts. It might be life dilemmas or what to blog about next, but doing this reaaally helps.

002: Go wherever you want without the guilt: Don't get me wrong I LOVE being with my friends, but sometimes I feel bad for dragging my friends to places they might not be interested in. So on my own I can go all over the place haha. Of course I do have friends who have the same interests but the thing is I like to walk A LOT so you can expect me to trek from Covent Garden to Regent Street, up and down Oxford Street and then to Piccadilly or South Bank. Yeah, I know.

003: Get in aaaaall the photos: My instagram features quite a few photos from my solo trips out, and I think outings like these can help you get the photos you want. Because when you're with friends, sometimes you might take very little photos to spend more time with them. Sometimes my trips could be because I just want to take photos haha.

004: You can get what you've had your eye on for ages: Instead of waiting for someone to be free to come out with me to get something, if I really want something, I just go out and get it. And nine times out of ten it's always a piece from Lazy Oaf! A trip can revolve around shopping and it makes me feel satisfied when I manage to get what I want. I am sometimes SOOO materialistic it's unreal lmao.


Do any of you guys have solo trips out?

Follow

2 Comentarios

  1. I do stuff on my own all the time and it is the best! I particularly like shopping on my own and I've recently been to the cinema when I couldn't find someone to come with me <3

    G is for Gingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been to the cinema a couple of times on my own too!! It’s always nice to grab a coffee after for on the way home bc I don’t get snacks for the film x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*