The £4 Dupe To Rival The Anastasia BH Subculture Palette


Finding the BEST bargain

I've had my eye on the Anastasia BH Subculture palette for aaages. But I never gave into spending the £41 - even though I really love my Modern Renaissance palette - because there are sooo many reviews about how it's so pigmented you can't even blend the colours.

And being the average skilled person I am at applying makeup, I was like there's no way I'll be able to use it. So I left it.

I never thought about it again till I was on YouTube and searching for reviews on the conceal and define concealer that Makeup Revolution released, until I stumbled across a video for a dupe for the Subculture palette...

AND the best thing was, it was from Makeup Revolution too. And you know their palettes are at amazing prices, so I clicked on it and after I headed to Superdrug and bought it!


As you guys can see from the pics above, the colours in this palette - called the MR Reloaded Iconic Divison palette (ooh what a mouthful) - are practically the SAME as the ABH one. The only difference is a black has been added.

Though you've probably guessed, I don't know if the colours in this palette are the same hue as the high end version. But let's be real, for a £4 dupe, you can't really go wrong.

Now begs the question kids, why did I want this palette? Weeeeeell, there's a pretty as f*** yellow, orange, coral pink, navy AND a green shimmer. Oh my my. And if you know me well, I do love a bright colour on my eye.


Is it worth the mere £4 though? The swatches on my arm above show how pigmented they are. (I do have to admit, I did darken them in the edit a bit as my camera made them look a bit too light to what they looked like IRL)

 And by doing that made me sooooo incredibly excited to use them on my eyes.

The first time I dug my eyeshadow brush into this palette was when I filmed my first impressions - which I WILL link at the end so you can see what I thought for the first time. And now after a couple of uses, I do think in terms of the mattes, you cannot really go wrong with the price.

PLUS, the most important thing to know, is that they do blend amazingly well - if you love the quality of the MR Soph X palette then you'll love this. Which is a relief and is one positive compared to the things I've read about the ABH one. However, (this is kind of a sad truth) the two shimmers take a good working to get pigment out of... I was quite excited about the green as well meh.

If you work your brush around the edges of the pan, you do get pigment, but you have to repeatedly go back in. And in the middle it just went smooth and it was hard to work with. Let me know if you know what I'm trying to talk about haha. BUT using your fingers does work to apply it better to be honest which is a relief.

Aside from that, this palette is totally worth picking up. And maybe I'll get even more pigment out of it if I get one of those fancy fixing sprays...

Have you guys picked up this palette yet?

Aaaand here's the video:


Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. I'm still yet to test out a makeup revolution palette, they've got so many dupes for the high end palettes its gotta be worth a go!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And I’m tempted to get the other ones in the reloaded range :)

      Delete
  2. How have I not seen this before?! I deffo need this in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never until literally two days before I bought it so it's not been a long wanted item haha but it was totally worth the impulse purchase! The shimmers for sure work best when you apply with your finger though x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*