Why You Should Be True To Your Blogger Voice


Be the blogger YOU want to be

Hey hey, look at me recycling some photos that I originally took for instagram. Who says iphone pics aren't good enough for blog posts??

But I really wanted to talk about a topic that I had no photos for. Being true to our voice as bloggers. Grab a snack. It's going to be a little long haha.

It's quite easy - in my opinion - to fall into a habit of sorts to not only blog what everyone else is blogging about. (When the hype gets real, you've got to join in right?) But also blogging about what people expect you to talk about.

But I think that's BS.

It doesn't matter whether this is your job or hobby - the same goes for youtube - you've got to be true to what you want to talk about and what you want your brand especially to be conveying to your audience/readers.

Your voice on the internet is POWERFUL. And not only that, I think we should all be blogging about what we want to blog about and not what's expected. Be it serious topics, books, fashion, beauty and maybe even travel diaries.

I'm not saying to not blog about what everyone else is going on about, because if you think you'll genuinely love something and not just to say to your readers 'I love it too' for the views or whatever. I have to admit, I've been guilty of that in the past so you could call my a hypocrite. But I'm trying to stick to what I WANT to share with you guys.


I guess I should be getting to the point here. I just LOVE rambling don't I?? But, if people can sense you're not being truthful or yourself, they probably won't come back. (There's no harm in having a whole post on why you wouldn't use something) And that's also a nod to brand deals.

Sure, you want your brand/community to grow, but even if they're offering big bucks for a deal it's important to think: 'Does this actually fit in with what I want my blog to be? And can I give an honest review?' That's why I closed my blog email.

I just got loads of crap that had nothing to do with what I wanted my blog to represent. I mean, what does a proposed mattress review have to do with me blogging about life and beauty? I don't know... If there's one saying that should be ignored as a blogger it's 'fake it till you make it'.

I could go on foreeveeer with examples. Let's round things off though. Blog what you want to talk about, and people will love it and *fingers crossed* they'll follow you. And don't accept anything that isn't true to what you WANT. And hopefully, that's showing on my little space - with all the Lazy Oaf, beauty and life posts hehe.

What's your opinion on this topic?

Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. Thanks for this post Fran! Very honest and yet that's what we need to hear. I agree with everything you said. Blogs are such a unique creation, so different with each of us doing what they enjoy, that doing something just in order to up your numbers and views (do I need to say I hate clickbait? haha) it kind of being dishonest. I much prefer bloggers whose personality shows through their posts and Instagram - it feels much more real, at a time when sometimes the blogging community feels like it's getting out of reach of its audience. I loved this post :)

    Julia x
    www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeessss your comment is spot on! I’m glad you liked it! It was something I’ve been meaning to talk about but didn’t know how to put it into words :)

      Delete
  2. Really great post Fran. I agree, sometimes I get some ridiculous emails landing in my inbox and I think...nope that can't be posted on my blog for goodness sake!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I feel like sometimes some brands don't care who they're contacting tbh and I'm glad you enjoyed it :D xx

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*